|Do I really wanna race?|
1. Do not submit your manuscript the night before you plan on leaving.
2. When packing your car in the morning 5 hours after you submitted your manuscript, do not expect to NOT forget something.
3. When leaving for a 5+ hour drive, make sure your bike is on the bike rack.
4. When grabbing said bike and leaving for the second time in 10 minutes, do not forgot anything else that you might need...like your transition bag.
5. Do not decide after getting 13 hours of total sleep in the past 3 days that it would be a good idea to go furniture shopping.
6. Do not complain about dehydration while looking at said 4 furniture stores and a mattress store and do nothing about it (until bf bought you water).
7. Do not go hungry all day then decide pizza with extra cheese (feta!) for a 3:00 pm lunch would a good idea.
8. Do not think wings with blue cheese would be an amazing dinner the night before either.
9. Do not realize you left your transition bag back in Virginia at 8:00 pm when you're in Pittsburgh.
10. Do not forget when your checking in the morning for your race packet that your license card is also in your transition bag.
11. Do not enter transition with 8 minutes before it closes.
12. Do not think negative thoughts when your race is longer then what you trained for the week!
|Guess I'll go!|
|Look at those awesome pedals!|
Here's top 5 things to remember you can do if your hitting a rough patch before or doing a race.
1. Rock the pony tail.
4. Make the local paper.
5. Have a pretty great guy to have your back.
Overall, even when the going gets tough just remember why you're doing what you doing :). Now, just a few more days left at the place that I have called home for the past 4 years at Virginia Tech. Tomorrow I will give my oral defense for my masters, finish up the FNP internship, then work Culpeper Triathlon from Fri-Sun, and finally officially move up to Pittsburgh on Sunday!
Here's a few more pics. The amazing photos were courtesy of Kris Shepardson. Thanks!