Let's get real...who wants to read another 10 step New Years Resolution to a new you. Good cause I'm not writing that! I'm not super into setting a "new" resolution that limits in some capacity such as no chocolate (underline reason to lose weight), but I am into setting goals for yourself. While negating the discussion of the purpose of New Years resolution, it can be stimulating to set a resolution for a new you. Forbes says just 8% of individuals keep their resolutions...to maintain the drive to keep the resolution may be draining though.
I'm not saying setting resolutions are bad! This year it seemed like I was waiting for the new year to give myself a kick in the butt to get things done but in all actuality I was accomplishing more things than I was giving myself credit. This year I will celebrate not setting a resolution but instead affirm and develop the goals I already have! I will spend more time thinking about what I have accomplished versus what I have not. I will look forward to goals that I strive to accomplish with a positive zeal and a little hippie love. Lets face it...sometimes type A personality can get a little tiring....cough cough. Welcome to Dietetics!
Thank you 2013 for:
- Dietetic Internship (even though I may huff and puff sometimes)
- 11 new friends and
- Best friend in new city
- New City
- Snuggles with my puppy
- Snuggles with my boy
- Blacksburg....fields, trees, open roads, VT campus, horses, friends, Coach Jim!, more friends, taking the bus 2x in 2 years....thank you for the friendly commuter roads!, nutrition related academia
- and Running when I can while finishing my masters
- Continue to grow and learn throwout the dietetic internship
- Continue to strive for consistent training
- Try a new recipe at least once week
- Be happy and appreciate what each day brings
- To get a hair cut or to not get a hair cut?
|I think I'll get a hair cut!|
I'm excited to see what 2014 brings me or more what I bring to 2014....crazy life changing time with the internship then job search!!!
One goal has already been completed this week. I tried a new recipe! Now.....I will shamefully admit that I have never tried or made potato soup. When the pre-in-laws gave me the most awesome calendar (www.tfpublishing.com), I experimented with a new recipe.
I had to try the January recipe of Potato Soup before it was too late! Sometimes the potato can get a bad wrap, but they provide the body with an essential source of fuel and energy and rich in Vitamin C and high in potassium (depending on your method of preparation since boiling can leach some of the vitamins out). Slight modification of course :).
Recipe Calendar Potato Soup
- 3 1/2 cup potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 3/4 cup cooked ham, diced
- 3 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 5 Tbsp all-purpose
- 2 cup skim milk
Here's to a happy new years and happy goal setting!
Your dog pic of the day!